Uric acid is a metabolic waste product produced in the body which should get removed from the urine. If the function of passing uric acid is hampered, then it gets deposited in the body. The major sites where uric acid gets deposited are the bones and the joints. This leads to gout.
Excess of Uric acid can also lead to formation of stones in Kidney and the urinary tract. While consulting a doctor and starting proper medicinal treatment is absolutely necessary, some diet and food changes can be done so as to avoid formation of excess amounts of Uric acid in the body.
Food things to avoid in Gout and Uric Acid sufferings
He should avoid food rich in Purines and Proteins.
* dairy food
* sea food
So what should he eat?
Recommended diet regimen for Gout people
* He should eat food items which contain more of green leafy vegetables
* Fresh cherries, strawberries, blueberries, and other red-blue berries
* Vegetables including kale, cabbage, parsley, green-leafy vegetables
* Foods high in bromelain (pineapple)
* Foods high in vitamin C (red cabbage, red bell peppers, tangerines, mandarins, oranges, potatoes)
* Drink fruit juices and purified water (8 glasses of water per day)
* Low-fat dairy products
* Complex carbohydrates (breads, cereals, pasta, rice, as well as aforementioned vegetables and fruits)
* Chocolate, cocoa
* Coffee, tea
* Carbonated beverages
* Essential fatty acids (tuna and salmon, flaxseed, nuts, seeds)
* Tofu, although a legume and made from soybeans, may be a better choice than meat
Tamhane Ameya Avinash